Become a member of a golf club
You might currently be enjoying your golf casually with friends or play in a social club. But now you want to play more regularly, get a handicap and join a golf club.
The advantages of being a member of a club- Financially this is a sound decision. Most of the clubs in the Golf Illawarra Association do not have nomination or joining fees. Instead you pay a yearly fee that often can be paid monthly. Being a member entitles you to play as often as you like. You don't have to pay green fees once you are a member.
- Use the club's practice facilities. Whether it is a driving range or chipping and putting green, you don't have to pay
- Obtain a Golf Australia Golf (GA) handicap
- Play in your club's regular competitions and championship events. Regular competitions are held several times a week.
- Being part of a club and meeting fellow golfers
- Most of our clubs have free junior instruction programs
- Receive reciprocal rights at other golf clubs around Australia that are associated with your club. Usually this is a reduction in green fees or entry into their competitions.
The advantages of having a Golf Australia (GA) handicap
When you join a golf club you receive a Golf Australia (GA) handicap. This is where you are registered with Golf Australia and you are granted your own registered handicap. Once you have an official handicap you can:
- Play in your club's regular competitions
- Play in other Illawarra club's regular competitions (depending on availability)
- Play in Illawarra interclub competitions
- Play in other club's open competitions around Australia
- View your handicap online via Golf Link http://www.golflink.com.au/